Standard Visit visa for Tourism and Leisure
Who may apply for this visa?
This visa is aimed at non-EEA nationals who wish to come to the UK to visit friends and family or take a short holiday. Persons applying for a standard visit visa will need to make an application from their country of residence. Although, nationals of some countries are not subject to this criteria and can apply for leave to enter as a visitor at the UK border.
What are the requirements for this visa?
- You are a genuine visitor and will leave the UK at the end of your visit;
- Will not live in the UK for extended periods through frequent or successive visits, or make the UK your main home;
- Genuinely seeking entry for a purpose that is permitted by the visitor routes and will not undertake any prohibited activities;
- Sufficient funds to cover all reasonable costs in relation to your visit without working or accessing public funds.
You are not permitted to:
- Not permitted to work
- Receive payment from a UK source for any activities undertaken in the UK – do unpaid or unpaid work
- Embark on more than 30 days non-incidental study in the UK
- Receive public funds
You must have sufficient funds to cover all reasonable costs in respect of your visit without working or reliance on public funds. This includes the cost of your return or onward journey, any costs relating to dependants, and the cost of planned activities.
Grant of standard visit visa
A standard visitor’s visa for tourism and leisure if granted, will allow you to stay in the UK for up to 6 months. Unless the visa is endorsed as a single or dual-entry visa, you may enter and leave the UK multiple times within the 6 months validity of your visa.