Adult dependent relative visa
Who may apply for an adult dependent relative visa?
This visa is aimed at a non-EEA adult dependent relative of a British citizen, a person settled in the UK, or a person holding refugee leave or humanitarian protection status. It is possible to settle in the UK permanently under this category. The applicant must be outside of the UK and must demonstrate that they require a level of long-term care by relatives due to age, health or disability.
What are the requirements for an adult dependent relative visa?
- The applicant is the son, daughter, sister, brother parent or grandparent over 18 years old of a person in the UK who is also over 18 years;
- The person in the UK is a British citizen, settled in the UK, a person holding refugee leave or humanitarian protection status;
- The applicant require a level of long-term care by relatives due to age, health or disability;
- Applicant must prove that there is no person who can adequately provide the level of care they need or this is not affordable financially;
- Applicant will be suitably maintained, accommodated and cared for by the relative in the UK, without reliance on public funds.
Indefinite leave to remain as a adult dependent relative visa
If your application is successful, you will be granted indefinite leave to remain in the UK under the adult dependent relative visa.