Until its use was banned some years ago Asbestos was used widely in many forms in a variety of industries in particular the building, plumbing and heating industries, and its widespread use means that a huge number of people have potentially been exposed either directly or indirectly to it. This…
Ankara Agreement has been signed between The European Economic Community and Turkey at Ankara, Turkey in 1963. Turkish nationals get rights to establish their business in the UK through this treaty. This agreement is commonly known as Ankara Agreement – Self Employed visa.
Who may apply for this visa?
This visa is aimed at Turkish nationals who wish to either start a new business in the UK or come to the UK to help run an established business. Turkish Businessperson visa holders may be joined or accompanied by their dependants.
What are the requirements for a Turkish Businesspersons visa?
- You are a Turkish national;
- Genuine intention to set up a viable business;
- You must have required skill and ability for the proposed business;
- You hold sufficient funds or assets of your own to establish your business;
- Able to pay your share of the costs of running the business;
- The profit you make will be sufficient to support you and your family without reliance, another job or recourse to public funds;
- You have not stayed in the UK by breaching UK immigration rules
If you would like to join an existing business, you must demonstrate:
- You will take an active part in running the business;
- There is a genuine need for your services and investment.
Entry clearance – Initial application
If your application for a Turkish Businesspersons visa is successful, you will be granted permission to stay in the UK under this visa for 12 months. You can submit your application in the UK or Turkey.
Extending your Turkish Businesspersons visa
You may be able to extend your visa for a further 3 years to continue operating your business if it is still a viable business.
Indefinite Leave to Remain/ Naturalisation Rights
You can make an application for settlement/indefinite leave to in the UK for four years as you have demonstrated that you are successfully able to run a business and settle permanently in the country.