EEA family permits
Who may apply for this permit?
This permit is aimed at an non-EEA national who wishes to travel with their EEA national family member or join them in the UK.
What are the requirements for the EEA family permit?
- You are a national of an non-EEA country;
- Your family member is an EEA national (except British);
- You are the family member of an EEA national – husband, wife civil or unmarried partner, parent grandparent, daughter or grandchild; or
- You are an extended family member of an EEA national – brother, sister, uncle, aunt, cousin; or
- You are main carer of British citizen, or an EEA national child;
- You are travelling with your EEA national family member to the UK;
- If EEA national family member has lived in the UK for over 3months, proof that they are exercising Treaty rights (worker, self-employed, studying, self-sufficient, looking for work).
EEA family permit validity
This permit is valid for 6 months, which is a multiple-entry visa and before the 6-month permit expires, you may need to apply for an EEA residence card to confirm right of residence in the UK.