Permitted Paid Engagements Visit Visa

Who may apply for this visa?

This visa is aimed at non-EEA nationals over 18 years who wish to come to the UK to undertake a paid engagement involving a permitted activity. If you wish to make an application under this category, this must be done from your country of residence. However, if you are a non-visa national, you can apply for leave to enter as a visitor at the UK border.

What are the requirements for a visit visa for business?

  • You are a genuine visitor and will leave the UK at the end of your visit;
  • You will not live in the UK for extended periods through frequent or

successive visits, or make the UK your main home;

  • Genuinely seeking entry for a purpose that is permitted by the visitor routes and will not undertake any prohibited activities;
  • Have sufficient funds to cover all reasonable costs in relation to your visit without working or accessing public funds;
  • Intend to undertake one or more permitted paid engagements in the UK – including a professional artist, entertainer, musician or sports person who may carry out an activity which relates to the occupation overseas directly, providing they have been invited by a creative, sports organisation, agent or broadcaster in the UK.
  • Highly qualified academics, subject matter experts, qualified lawyers, overseas pilot examiners may also qualify for the purposes of this category;
  • Permitted paid engagements arranged before you travel to the UK
  • Evidenced by formal invitation and relate to your expertise area or profession overseas.

Activities which are not permitted

  • Not permitted to work;
  • Not permitted to receive payment from a UK source for any activities undertaken in the UK;
  • Not permitted to undertake more than 30 days non-incidental study in the UK.

Adequate funds

Adequate funds to cover all reasonable costs in relation to your visit without working a paid job or relying on public funds. This includes:

  • Costs of return or onward journey;
  • Costs relating to dependants;
  • Costs of planned activities.

How long is this visa granted for?

A Permitted Paid Engagement visit visa if granted, will permit you to stay and work in the UK for up to 1 month.