Permitted Paid Engagements Visit Visa
Who may apply for this visa?
This visa is aimed at non-EEA nationals over 18 years who wish to come to the UK to undertake a paid engagement involving a permitted activity. If you wish to make an application under this category, this must be done from your country of residence. However, if you are a non-visa national, you can apply for leave to enter as a visitor at the UK border.
What are the requirements for a visit visa for business?
- You are a genuine visitor and will leave the UK at the end of your visit;
- You will not live in the UK for extended periods through frequent or
successive visits, or make the UK your main home;
- Genuinely seeking entry for a purpose that is permitted by the visitor routes and will not undertake any prohibited activities;
- Have sufficient funds to cover all reasonable costs in relation to your visit without working or accessing public funds;
- Intend to undertake one or more permitted paid engagements in the UK – including a professional artist, entertainer, musician or sports person who may carry out an activity which relates to the occupation overseas directly, providing they have been invited by a creative, sports organisation, agent or broadcaster in the UK.
- Highly qualified academics, subject matter experts, qualified lawyers, overseas pilot examiners may also qualify for the purposes of this category;
- Permitted paid engagements arranged before you travel to the UK
- Evidenced by formal invitation and relate to your expertise area or profession overseas.
Activities which are not permitted
- Not permitted to work;
- Not permitted to receive payment from a UK source for any activities undertaken in the UK;
- Not permitted to undertake more than 30 days non-incidental study in the UK.
Adequate funds to cover all reasonable costs in relation to your visit without working a paid job or relying on public funds. This includes:
- Costs of return or onward journey;
- Costs relating to dependants;
- Costs of planned activities.
How long is this visa granted for?
A Permitted Paid Engagement visit visa if granted, will permit you to stay and work in the UK for up to 1 month.