Standard visit visa for a Child
Who may apply for this visa?
This visa is aimed at an non-EEA national under the age of 18 who wishes to come to the UK. If you wish to make an application under this category, this must be done from your country of residence. However, if you are a non-visa national, you can apply for leave to enter as a visitor at the UK border.
What are the requirements for a visit visa for business?
- You are a genuine visitor and will leave the UK at the end of your visit;
- You will not live in the UK for extended periods through frequent or successive visits, or make the UK your main home;
- Genuinely seeking entry for a purpose that is permitted by the visitor routes and will not undertake any prohibited activities;
- Have sufficient funds to cover all reasonable costs in relation to your visit without working or accessing public funds;
- Arranged private medical treatment before you travel to the UK;
- Letter from your doctor or consultant explaining the medical condition which required the consultation or treatment, the predicted costs, the duration of any treatment (must be finite) and where the treatment/consultation will take place;
- If suffering from a communicable disease, you must satisfy the medical inspector that you are not a danger to public health;
- Suitable arrangements must have been made for your travel to, accommodation and care in the UK;
- If you are not travelling with a parent or guardian who is based in your home country/ country of residence, that parent or guardian must confirm that they consent to the arrangements for your travel to, accommodation and care in the UK;
- Hold a valid visit visa stating that you are accompanied and will be travelling with an adult identified on that visa or hold a visit visa, which states that you are unaccompanied.
Activities which are not permitted
- Not permitted to work;
- Not permitted to receive payment from a UK source for any activities undertaken in the UK;
- Not permitted to undertake more than 30 days non-incidental study in the UK.
Adequate funds to cover all reasonable costs in relation to your visit without working a paid job or relying on public funds. This includes:
- Costs of return or onward journey;
- Costs relating to dependants;
- Costs of planned activities.
How long is this visa granted for?
A Standard Visit visa for a child will allow you to stay in the UK for up to 6 months. Unless the visa is endorsed as a single or dual-entry visa, you may leave and enter the UK as many times as you wish during the validity of your visa.