Standard visit visa for Private Medical Treatment
Who may apply for this visa?
This visa is aimed at non-EEA nationals who wish to come to the UK to receive private medical treatment. If you wish to make an application under this category, this must be done from your country of residence. However, if you are a non-visa national, you can apply for leave to enter as a visitor at the UK border.
What are the requirements for a visit visa for business?
- You are a genuine visitor and will leave the UK at the end of your visit;
- You will not live in the UK for extended periods through frequent or successive visits, or make the UK your main home;
- Genuinely seeking entry for a purpose that is permitted by the visitor routes and will not undertake any prohibited activities;
- Have sufficient funds to cover all reasonable costs in relation to your visit without working or accessing public funds;
- Arranged private medical treatment before you travel to the UK;
- Letter from your doctor or consultant explaining the medical condition which required the consultation or treatment, the predicted costs, the duration of any treatment (must be finite) and where the treatment/consultation will take place;
- If suffering from a communicable disease, you must satisfy the medical inspector that you are not a danger to public health;
If applying for an 11 month visit visa to receive private medical treatment, you must in addition:
- Evidence from your doctor or consultant in the UK that the treatment is likely to take more than 6 months but not more than 11 months;
- If required, provide a valid TB certificate.
Activities which are not permitted
- Not permitted to work;
- Not permitted to receive payment from a UK source for any activities undertaken in the UK;
- Not permitted to undertake more than 30 days non-incidental study in the UK.
Adequate funds to cover all reasonable costs in relation to your visit without working a paid job or relying on public funds. This includes:
- Costs of return or onward journey;
- Costs relating to dependants;
- Costs of planned activities.
How long is this visa granted for?
A Standard Visit visa for Private Medical Treatment will allow you to stay in the UK for up to 6 or 11 months. Unless the visa is endorsed as a single or dual-entry visa, you may leave and enter the UK as many times as you wish during the validity of your visa.