Tier 2 General Skilled workers
Who may apply for this visa?
This visa is aimed at anyone who has been offered a skilled job in the UK and wishes to live and work in the UK as a Tier 2 General migrant.
What are the requirements for the Tier 2 General skilled worker?
- Received job offer in the UK;
- A licenced UK employer would like to recruit/made an job offer;
- Do not hold more than 10% shares of the company sponsoring you, unless salary earnings are a minimum of £155,300;
- Job offer passes Resident Labour Market test;
- Job offer is a genuine vacancy and you are qualified to do the job;
- Certificate of sponsorship from employer;
- Job title skilled to NQF level 6 or above;
- You will be paid at an appropriate salary rate and your annual gross salary will be above the minimum salary threshold of £20,800;
- You are competent in the English language to at least CEFR Level B1/B2 (CEFR level B1 is equivalent to IELTS 4.0 in reading, writing, listening and speaking);
- You have enough money to support yourself without relying on public funds.
Extension – further leave to remain as a Tier 2 General Skilled Worker
To extend your stay as a Tier General Migrant, you must demonstrate:
- You are still in the same occupation working for the same employer who sponsored your Tier 2 General application;
- Hold a valid certificate of sponsorship from the employer;
- Do not own more than 10% of shares in company sponsoring you, unless salary is £155,300 or morel
- Your annual gross salary is at least £20,800.
Settlement – indefinite leave to remain as a Tier 2 General Skilled Worker
In order to be granted indefinite leave to remain, you must demonstrate:
- Continuous 5 years spent lawfully in the UK;
- In the 5 years you have been in the UK, in each of these years you have not spent more than 180 days outside of the UK;
- Not in breach of any immigration laws;
- You are seen as someone who is essential for the employment in question and your employer certifies this;
- You are remunerated at an appropriate salary;
- You have demonstrated adequate knowledge of the English language and life in the UK test.
Limited leave to remain is granted to those who are applying after 6th April 2011 as a Tier 2 General skilled Worker.