Further Leave to Remain | Advantage Solicitors



Further Leave to Remain

Further Leave to Remain

Further leave to remain (FLR) is a way in which you can apply for an extension or switch as a spouse or partner or defendant child of a British citizen or settled person in the UK. If an applicant does not have any valid leave in the UK, it may still be possible to be granted FLR because of exceptional circumstances.

FLR applicants must have a valid leave to remain or enter the UK and be able to evidence that all of the following requirements can be met:
• Relationship requirement must be proven;
• Financial requirement showing sufficient funds available;
• Accommodation requirements; and
• English language requirement.

Further Leave to Remain (M)

The FLR (M) is for spouse’s partners or dependent children of British Citizen or settled person. The FLR (M) is granted for 2.5 years and you there after you will be eligible to apply for indefinite leave to remain (ILR) once the 5 years has been completed in the same category.

Family life basis

FLR can also be granted for family life basis and it is the FLR (FP) category which will be granted in circumstances where applicants do not meet the requirements of the FLR (M) but qualifies for an exception where the applicant doesn’t have a valid leave but have a British spouse or partner and they have a young child together. Such circumstances would be deemed unreasonable for the child to leave the UK as the family unit is in the UK.

Other scenario where you could gain further leave to remain if you have officially separated from the British or settled partner, but they have sole parental responsibility of the British or settled child(ren) they have together or they have direct access to the children. Such applicants will qualify for FLR as a parent of a settled or British child(ren).

Private Life Basis

To qualify for further leave to remain in private life basis the applicant must be one of the following:
• An individual who has lived 20 years (continuously) in the UK legally (or a combination of legally and illegally);
• A child under the age 18 years who has lived continuously in the UK for 7 years; and
• Individual aged between 18 and 24 and has lived continuously in the UK for at least half of their life.

Call us on 0208 807 16 76

Our legal team is waiting for your call right now

Start FLR Application With Us

Fill our easy form and our solicitors will back to you shortly