HEAD OFFICE  273 Fore Street Edmonton London



TEL +44 0208 807 16 76 





TEL +44 0208 807 16 76 



Accident at Work

Accident At Work

At Advantage Solicitors our team can assist you if you have suffered any accident at work. We can help you make a claim against your employer and secure the compensation you deserve. If you have been injured at work and your employer is at fault in some way, you can make a work accident compensation claim.

Accident at work

As your employer has a duty of care to provide you with a safe work environment. If your employer fails in their duty of care towards you and an accident has occurred, they can be held legally responsible for any injury you have suffered as a result of their negligence.

Employers have been held liable in the following circumstances:

Where health and safety legislation has not been met,
Failing to conduct a risk assessment,
Failing to provide health and safety training
Failure to provide protective equipment,
Ensuring equipment and machinery in good working condition and maintained on a regular basis.
If you believe that your employers have failed on the above and as a result of which you have suffered an injury then get in touch, we are more than happy to provide you with assistance and claim compensation.

What are the types of work injury?

The various types of work injury we have provided advice and assistance on are; general workplace accidents (sector specific), lacerations, cuts, burns, back injuries, serious injuries and workplace fatalities.

When can you claim for an accident at work?

The time limit for work place accidents are 3 years from the date of the accident or of which you were first made aware of your injuries, if you did not realise your injury immediately. In some cases, such as asbestos cases it may take many years before you would realise that the work caused your injuries.

In some instances, if a severe brain injury resulted from the workplace accident then as the employer cannot be expected to manage their own legal affairs the three-year rule will not apply.

Please contact us if in doubt and we can provide more information.