UK VISITOR VISA
As Advantage Solicitors, we understand that the visa application process can be complicated and time-consuming, especially if you’re unfamiliar with the requirements and procedures. That’s why our team of experienced immigration solicitors is here to help you every step of the way. We can provide assistance if you’re looking to make a short term visit to the UK for the following purposes:
• Family visit
• Business meetings;
• To receive medical treatment; and
• Other short term period for other purposes.
The visitor visa route will allow you to stay up to 6 months and you may be able to apply to stay for longer in certain circumstances. The visitor visa can act as a short term business visa, a tourist visa for UK holidays, an academic visit visa and business visa.
What types of UK Visitor Visa are there?
There are different types of UK Visitor Visas applications which depend on the purpose of your visit:
• Standard Visitor Visa: This visa is suitable for tourism, visiting friends or family, and participating in business or academic activities;
•Marriage Visitor Visa: This visa is for individuals who wish to get married or enter into a civil partnership in the UK;
What are the Standard Visitor Visa categories?
You can visit the UK as a Standard Visitor:
• for tourism, for example on a holiday or vacation
• to see your family or friends
• to volunteer for up to 30 days with a registered charity
• to pass through the UK to another country (‘in transit’)
• for certain business activities, for example attending a meeting or interview
• to take part in a school exchange program
• to do a recreational course of up to 30 days, for example a dance course
• to study, do a placement or take an exam
• as an academic, senior doctor or dentist, unpaid volunteer work.
• for medical reasons
If you need a Standard Visitor visa, you must apply online before you travel to the UK and attend an appointment at a visa application center. The earliest you can apply is 3 months before you travel.
What are the UK Visitor Visa requirements?
To be eligible for a UK Visitor Visa, you need to meet the following requirements:
• Have a valid passport or travel document;
• Have enough money to support yourself and your dependents during your stay in the UK, alternatively have funding from someone else – sponsor to pay for the journey;
• Intend to leave the UK at the end of your visit. You cannot live in the UK for extended periods through frequent or successive visits, or make the UK your main home; and
• You must not pose a threat to national security.
Documents You Must Provide
• Your current passport or other valid travel document
• Your travel dates to and from the UK
• Your address while in the UK
• Financial documents showing that you have sufficient funds available such as,
o bank statements
o proof of earnings, such as a letter from employer confirming employment details (start date of employment, salary, role, company contact details)
• Details of any criminal, civil, or immigration offences
• Your partner’s name, date of birth, and passport number
• The details of family members you have in the UK (if you have one)
The application process for a UK Visitor Visa involves the following steps:
• Fill out the UK visitor visa application form;
• Pay the application fee;
• Book an appointment at a Visa Application Centre in your country.
• Provide your biometric information (fingerprints and photograph) at the Visa Application Centre
• Submit your supporting documents, such as bank statements, travel itinerary and accommodation details; and
• Attend an interview with a UK Entry clearance visa officer, if required.
Advantage Solicitor can assist you with preparing your visa application, reviewing your supporting documents, and providing legal representation in case of any issues.
Why Choose Advantage Solicitors
As Advantage Solicitors we have a proven track record of successfully assisting clients with their UK Visitor Visa applications. Our team of immigration solicitors has in-depth knowledge of the UK immigration laws and regulations and can provide you with personalized and effective legal advice.
We understand that every client is unique, and we tailor our services to meet your specific needs and requirements. Our goal is to make the visa application process as smooth and stress-free as possible for you.
If you have any questions or would like to discuss your UK Visitor Visa application with us, please don’t hesitate to contact us. Our team of immigration solicitors is always here to help you.