Renting a property is now becoming the norm. With house prices in and around London forever increasing more and more people are turning to the rental market. It is however important that landlords and tenants are aware of their rights and obligations to ensure that there are no disputes. Unfortunately the number of disputes between landlords and tenants is increasing with many cases now ending up in court. This includes for example cases with respect to landlords failing to repair a property, failing to ensure that correct notices are served, failing to protect deposits and illegally evicting a tenant. Landlords are also now more commonly issuing court proceedings against tenants who fail to pay their rent, who refuse to leave after being given the correct notice and for causing damage to the property.
Here at Advantage Solicitors we have built up an excellent reputation for being able to help both landlords and also tenants. We can help you deal with all aspects of your landlord and tenant matter including:
- Drafting and understanding the tenancy agreement
- Deposit Protection and ensuring that landlords have fully complied with the terms of the Housing Act including serving the Prescribed Information on the tenant, ensuring that Gas, Electric and EPC certificates have also been served on the tenant
- Chasing tenants for rent arrears and if necessary serving a Section 8 notice and then commencing court proceedings
- Drafting and serving a Section 21 notice and thereafter if necessary commencing court proceedings
- Representing Landlords at court with respect to evicting tenants on the basis of rent arrears and or the end of a tenancy
- Instructing Bailiffs to evict the tenant
- Applying to the High Court in order for an eviction to take place quickly and to recover unpaid rent and costs
- Advising and representing tenants when a Landlord has failed to fully comply with the terms of the Housing Act e.g. failure to protect the deposit in which case the tenant can apply to the court for the deposit to be returned and for the landlord to be fined up to three times the value of the deposit
- Advising tenants with respect to properties in disrepair
Here at Advantage Solicitors we offer A FREE HALF HOUR no obligation appointment to discuss your matter and advise you about your options.