Until its use was banned some years ago Asbestos was used widely in many forms in a variety of industries in particular the building, plumbing and heating industries, and its widespread use means that a huge number of people have potentially been exposed either directly or indirectly to it. This means that many thousands of…
Partner(s) of Armed forces visa
Who may apply for this visa?
This visa is aimed at someone who is the husband, wife, civil partner, unmarried partner, fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner of a member of HM forces who wishes to join or stay with their partner in the UK.
What are the requirements for this visa?
- The partner is a member of HM forces and;
- Is not subject to immigration control
- Holds leave to enter/remain as a member o HM forces
- Will be granted leave to enter or remain at the same interval as the applicant or is a British citizen.
- You and your partner are over 18;
- You are either married or in a civil partnership or entering the UK to register your marriage or civil partnership and have met in person beforehand;
- Your relationship is genuine and you wish to live in the UK together permanently;
- If there were any earlier relationships, this must have been permanently broken down;
- Adequate knowledge of the English language;
- There is suitable accommodation for yourself and any dependents (children);
- Good criminal record and immigration history.
The partner in the UK must be able to meet the financial requirements as you need to be adequately maintained without recourse to public funds, this consists of:
- Gross annual income of £18,600; plus
- £3,800 for a first child; plus
- £2,400 for each additional child
What counts as income?
- income from employment before tax and National Insurance (P60 and payslips);
- income from self-employment
- cash savings above £16,000;
- pension money;
- maternity allowance or bereavement benefits.
Leave to enter or remain in the UK as a partner of a member of HM forces
If the application makes an application as the partner of a member of the HM forces and this is successful, the applicant will be issued leave to enter or remain in the UK for 5 year period or if your partner being the member of HM forces is granted fewer than 5 years, you will be issued accordingly. Fiance(e)s will be issued according to the fiancée grant of leave being 6 months initially to register marriage and then switching to a spousal or civil partner visa.
Settlement in the UK as a partner of a member of HM forces
A partner of a member of HM forces can apply for settlement if they reside in the UK for 5 years.