Partner(s) of Armed forces visa

Who may apply for this visa?

This visa is aimed at someone who is the husband, wife, civil partner, unmarried partner, fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner of a member of HM forces who wishes to join or stay with their partner in the UK.

What are the requirements for this visa?

  • The partner is a member of HM forces and;
  • Is not subject to immigration control
  • Holds leave to enter/remain as a member o HM forces
  • Will be granted leave to enter or remain at the same interval as the applicant or is a British citizen.
  • You and your partner are over 18;
  • You are either married or in a civil partnership or entering the UK to register your marriage or civil partnership and have met in person beforehand;
  • Your relationship is genuine and you wish to live in the UK together permanently;
  • If there were any earlier relationships, this must have been permanently broken down;
  • Adequate knowledge of the English language;
  • There is suitable accommodation for yourself and any dependents (children);
  • Good criminal record and immigration history.

The partner in the UK must be able to meet the financial requirements as you need to be adequately maintained without recourse to public funds, this consists of:

  • Gross annual income of £18,600; plus
  • £3,800 for a first child; plus
  • £2,400 for each additional child

What counts as income?

  • income from employment before tax and National Insurance (P60 and payslips);
  • income from self-employment
  • cash savings above £16,000;
  • pension money;
  • maternity allowance or bereavement benefits.

Leave to enter or remain in the UK as a partner of a member of HM forces

If the application makes an application as the partner of a member of the HM forces and this is successful, the applicant will be issued leave to enter or remain in the UK for 5 year period or if your partner being the member of HM forces is granted fewer than 5 years, you will be issued accordingly. Fiance(e)s will be issued according to the fiancée grant of leave being 6 months initially to register marriage and then switching to a spousal or civil partner visa.

Settlement in the UK as a partner of a member of HM forces

A partner of a member of HM forces can apply for settlement if they reside in the UK for 5 years.

ECCA Turkish Workers Visa

ECAA1 Turkish Workers Visa – An option for Turkish citizens who would like to work in the UK. Turkish citizens have two options available to them if they wish to settle in the United Kingdom. The first route to settlement which is popular and well known is under the Business Ankara Agreement route- ECAA2- Turkish…

Read more

Grandparents Rights

Losing contact with a grandchild causes great heartbreak for a grandparent nevertheless almost 1 million grandparents are now in this position, often through no fault of their own.  If you are in this unfortunate position don’t despair help is at hand. It may be that your son or daughter have divorced or separated and the…

Read more