Apply for Sponsorship Licence in the UK.
In this page you will find detailed information about UK sponsorship licence guide .If you are a business looking to employ EU and non-EU nationals from outside the UK, you will need to apply for a sponsor licence by the Home Office in the UK. In order to be granted a sponsor licence you have to meet a number of requirements including being able to demonstrate that you are a genuine business operating lawfully in the UK and that you are able to carry out your sponsor duties and evidence your compliance.
How to get a sponsor licence in UK
Check if your business is eligible.
you cannot have:
- unspent criminal convictions for immigration offences or certain other crimes, such as fraud or money laundering
- had a sponsor licence revoked in the last 12 months
Choose the type of licence you want to apply for – this will depend on what type of worker you want to sponsor.
Workers’ – for skilled or long-term employment
‘Temporary workers’ – for specific types of temporary employment
You can apply for a licence covering one or both types of worker.
Decide who will manage sponsorship within your business.
You need to appoint people within your business to manage the sponsorship process. The roles are:
authorising officer – a senior and competent person responsible for the actions of staff and representatives who use the SMS
key contact – your main point of contact with UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI)
level 1 user – responsible for all day-to-day management of your licence using the SMS
These roles can be filled by the same person or different people.
At the relevant time we can then formally progress your company’s application for a sponsor licence.
For an agreed fee you will benefit from:
- The crucial review of all documents and evidence you have gathered in support of your application. Our lawyers will let you know if any documents are missing. If you have not been able to obtain certain key evidence, we will advise you on other ways of proving that you meet the requirements of the immigration rules.
- Advice on, and assistance with, completion of the complex online application form.
- Preparing the bundle of evidence that will support your application.
- Writing a detailed cover letter in support of the application explicitly stating any relevant case law and official guidance which should be considered by the Home Office if appropriate.
- Representation all the way to the decision on your company’s sponsor licence application and advice on any further steps that are needed.
How to send the documents
We can scan or take pictures of your submission sheet and supporting documents. Send them to the email address given on the submission sheet. Make sure your files:
- are in PDF, JPEG or PNG format
- have descriptive titles, with 25 or fewer characters
- are high enough quality to be read
If your documents are not in English or Welsh, you must include a certified translation.
After you apply
You will be given a licence rating if your application is successful.
You will be able to issue certificates of sponsorship if you have jobs that are suitable for sponsorship.
Your licence will be valid for 4 years. You may lose your licence if you do not meet your responsibilities as a sponsor.
At Advantage Solicitors we are a dedicated team of immigration lawyers, here to provide you with a resolution to your legal matters. In particular, if you want to get UK sponsorship licence for bring workers from abroad please get in touch on our contact telephone number 0208 807 1676 or alternatively email: firstname.lastname@example.org.